Valid from april 2018
The personal information we collect includes:
- Your name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number and home address;
- Credit card details (card type and number, name on the card, expiration date and CVC code);
- Information about your stays, including arrival and departure dates, special requests and your preferences on services (preference on rooms, services or other);
- Information you provide about your marketing preferences or when participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
You can also choose what personal information you wish to provide to us. If you choose not to provide some details, however, this could affect some of your transactions.
Information we collect automatically
Purposes of the collection
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- A. Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and manage your online reservation.
- B. Customer Support: We use your personal information to provide you with customer support
- C. Reviews: We may use your contact details to invite you by email to leave a review after your stay. This can help other travelers to choose their ideal accommodation. If you submit a review, it may be posted on our site.
- D. Marketing activities: we also use your data for marketing activities, in the manner permitted by law. When we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, for example commercial newsletters and marketing communications about new products and services, or offers that we think may interest you, we will include an unsubscribe link, which you can use if you no longer want to. receive such messages in the future.
- E. Other communications: There may be other occasions when we will contact you via email, post, telephone or text message, depending on the contact details you have provided. We may contact you for the following reasons:
- a. We may need to respond to or handle a request you have sent.
b. If you have not completed an online booking, we may send you an email with an invitation to complete the booking. We believe this is a useful additional service that allows you to proceed with a booking without having to search for accommodation again or re-enter the booking details.
c. When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our site. We believe this additional service is as useful to you as it is to us, as it allows us to improve our site based on your feedback.
- F. Statistics, improvements and research. We use personal data to conduct research and analysis and may involve a third party to do so. We may share the results of such searches, including with third parties, in an anonymous and aggregate form. We use your personal data for statistical purposes, to improve our services, to improve the user experience and to increase the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
- G. Security, Fraud Detection and Prevention: We use information, including personal data, to prevent fraud and other illegal activities. We also use this information to investigate and detect fraud. We may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, for example through user authentication. For these purposes, personal information may be shared with third parties, such as the police forces or external consultants, in accordance with the provisions of current legislation.
- H. Legal and Compliance Purposes: In certain cases, we may use the information provided (including personal data) to manage and resolve legal disputes or disputes, for government investigations and compliance checks, or to honor contracts or to comply with requests made by law enforcement agencies, in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- If we use automated means to process personal data that produces legal effects or has a significant effect on you, we will implement the necessary measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms, including the right to obtain human intervention.
- Regarding purposes A and B, we rely on the execution of a contract: the use of your data may be necessary in order to be able to implement the contract you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online booking, we will use your information to perform our obligation to complete and manage the booking under the contract between us.
- Regarding C – H purposes, we rely on legitimate interests: we use your information for our legitimate interests, for example to provide you with the most suitable content from our site, emails and newsletters, in order to improve and promote our products, services and content on the site. We may also use your information for administrative, legal, or fraud detection purposes. When we use personal data for our legitimate interests, we will always balance your rights and interests regarding the protection of your personal data with our rights and interests.
- Regarding purpose H, we also rely, where possible, on our obligation to comply with current legislation.
- Where necessary and based on current legislation, we will obtain your consent before processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If necessary and in accordance with current legislation, we will ask for your consent, which you can remove at any time by contacting us at the addresses mentioned at the end of this statement.
If you do not want to consent to the processing of data in the manner described in the purposes C-F, but there is no system for canceling consent (for example through the settings of your browser), as far as possible, contact email@example.com .
- Booking.com: We work with Booking.com B.V., based at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (www.booking.com) (from here on Booking.com) to offer you an online booking service. We provide the content of the site and bookings are made with us, while the management of the bookings themselves is the responsibility of Booking.com. The information you enter on this site will then be shared with Booking.con and its affiliates and may include your name, your contacts, payment details, the name of the guests traveling with you and any preferences expressed during the booking.
To find out more about the group of companies to which Booking.com is a part, visit the section Who is Booking.com.
- BookingSuite: Your personal data may be shared with BookingSuite B.V., based at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands, the company that operates this site and the suite.booking.com site.
- Other service providers: we use service companies to manage your data on our behalf. This management serves the purposes described in this statement, for example the management of booking payments and the sending of marketing material for analytical support purposes. These service providers are bound by confidentiality agreements and are not authorized to use your personal data for other purposes.
- Competent authorities: we share personal data with law enforcement and other government authorities when required by law or as absolutely necessary for the detection, prevention or conduct of legal proceedings against fraud or crime.
International data transfer
The transmission of personal data as described in this statement may involve the international transfer of information to countries whose data protection laws are not as detailed as those within the European Union. Where required by European law, we will only transfer personal data to entities that offer an adequate level of data protection. In these situations, we will make contractual arrangements to ensure that your personal data is protected according to European standards. You can request a copy of these agreements using the contact details below.
BookingSuite relies on specific procedures to prevent unauthorized access to data, as well as their improper use. We use industry-specific systems and procedures to safeguard the personal data you provide to us. We also rely on security procedures and technical and physical restrictions in order to prevent the access and use of personal data contained on our servers. Only authorized personnel can access personal data while carrying out their work.
Your choices and your rights
We want you to be in control of how we use your personal data. You can do this in the following ways:
- you can ask us for a copy of your personal data in our possession;
- you can notify us of any changes to your personal data or you can ask us to correct any of your information in our possession;
- in specific situations, you can ask us to delete, block or limit the processing of your personal data in our possession, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal information; and
- in specific situations, you can also ask us to send your personal information in our possession to a third party.
Where we use your personal information with your consent, you can ask us to withdraw this consent at any time and in the manner prescribed by current legislation. Furthermore, where we process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interests or public interest, you have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal information, in the manner prescribed by law.
We rely on you to make sure your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Promptly notify us of any changes or inaccuracies in your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org . We will handle your request according to current legislation.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights under this statement, you can contact us via email@example.com . You can also contact your local data protection authority with any questions or complaints.
Changes to the Policy